There be dragons!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Life yet

Okay, so after a long talk with a friend of mine in which it was pointed out that this site could exist for my own therapy, that even if no one reads it I could use the site for references and to work out my ideas, that at least it connects me to the world at large to some degree and prevents the dragonish acretions that could result in morbidity of spirit, that the site has the potential for changing people or offering to others insights they might not otherwise have and that the site has cost already a great deal of time and sweat - I've decided to keep this thing going for a bit.
Matt, Ian, even if this is just for you and here's a shoutout to your two site...

http://ianambrose.blogspot.com/

http://mattghg.blogspot.com/

I've decided to use this site for looking at poetry.

Right now I'm at a point where the dealing with administration almost equals the pain of dealing with students - and I need to get this off my chest.

Rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine

Moan moan moan moan bitch and moan

Anyway. There it is.

3 comments:

  1. Whew. That was a rant. Glad I purged that.
    Now in all fairness the "nothing" attributed to students is not at all true; they are young, scared, and a bit daft with hormones. And they do try, they do - the brkfst this morning was a delight and their exuberant attempts at goodness, however misguided at times, are much to be applauded. They are driven by their own youth, parents, the powers that be until they too feel hounded. Who am I to bitch and moan about them like as though any of that would help? What kind of man am I that would express my frustration in such terms? The heroic man ought to endure such things in silence with a great tolerance for youthful error, forgiveness, and a sense that what he should be about is seeking the best for them. That's heroism. I should aspire to such greatness and not wallow in my own dark visions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am glad to hear you're keeping it up. Thanks for the shout out.

    After taking two weeks of a course on the history of education in America, I'm already more aware of how prickly the whole business is. Teaching, as a profession, is respected with lofty words of praise. Teachers, on the other hand, are often harried and blamed for all sorts of society's problems. And yet, I still plan on going into this profession. Why? Well... it's a vocation, I suppose. I don't know exactly what I'll be getting into, but you gotta pick your battles. I guess teaching is gonna be mine.

    I look forward to reading your reflections on poetry. I have a dearth of knowledge of it myself, so it's always a fun challenge to confront it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It its a consolation my literature teacher recently asked if I was "trained by Jesuits". So you got that going for ya.

    ReplyDelete